- Your ability to memorize mostly useless things
- Your ability to regurgitate information in the way others want you to
- Your ability to understand what adults want from you and give it to them
- Your tolerance for working on tasks you don’t find useful because others want you to do them or believe them to be helpful/socially acceptable
What grades do NOT determine:
- Your intelligence
- Your creativity
- Your emotional capabilities
- Your likeliness to succeed
- Whether you’re a good person
What should we say to students who don’t want to go to college?
Personally- if they have a plan, they know what they want to do- then I say go for it! Not everyone is cut out for college, and not all professions need college.
However, there are alot of people who get almost offended if someone says they don’t want to go to college and will lecture about how you can’t be successful unless you have a college degree.
- The 13th Chair